0.8.0 - 2018-05-17
- Breaking change: Generated RpcClient stubs use the generic invoke method. Requires package:protobuf version 0.8.0 or newer.
- Dart 2 fixes.
0.7.11 - 2018-04-09
0.7.10 - 2018-02-22
- Small performance tweak for DDC.
0.7.9 - 2018-01-12
- Add fast getters for common types.
- Only pass index instead of tag and index in generated code.
- Fix uses-dynamic-as-bottom error in generated gRPC code.
0.7.8 - 2017-10-25
- Added enumValues to FieldInfo.
0.7.7 - 2017-09-25
- Avoid name clashes between import prefix and field names.
- Avoid name clashes between generated enum and extension class names.
- Updated gRPC client stub generation to match latest changes to dart-lang/grpc-dart.
0.7.6 - 2017-08-22
- Updated gRPC client stub generation to produce code matching latest changes to dart-lang/grpc-dart.
0.7.5 - 2017-08-04
- Use real generic syntax instead of comment-based.
- Support 2.0.0 dev SDKs.
0.7.4 - 2017-07-07
- Added call options to gRPC client stubs.
0.7.3 - 2017-07-05
- Added gRPC stub generation.
- Updated descriptor.proto from google/protobuf v3.3.0.
0.7.2 - 2017-06-12
0.7.1 - 2017-06-12
- Enable executable for
pub global usage. Protoc plugin can now be installed by running
pub global activate protoc_plugin.
- Ensure generated extension class names don't conflict with message class names.
Function will soon be a reserved keyword, so don't generate classes with that name.
- Strong mode tweaks and lint fixes.
0.7.0 - Not released
- Change how to customize the Dart name of a field to using a
- Implemented support for adding external mixins to generate Dart protos.
0.6.0+1 - Not released
- Fix missing import when an extension uses an enum in the same .proto file.
0.6.0 - Not released
- Move protobuf enums to a separate .pbenum.dart file.
- Move server-side stubs to .pbserver.dart.
0.5.2 - Not released
- Generate separate .pbjson.dart files for constants.
0.5.1 - 2016-04-12
Strong mode and Bazel
- Fixed all analyzer diagnostics in strong mode.
- Added experimental support for Bazel.
0.5.0 - 2015-10-02
This release requires 0.5.0 of the protobuf library.
- significantly improved performance for getters, setters, and hazzers
- Each enum type now has a $json constant that contains its metadata.
0.4.1 - 2015-08-22
Fixed imports, $checkItem, $json
- Fixed all warnings, including in generated code.
- Started generating $checkItem function for verifying the values of repeated fields
- Fixed service stubs to work when a message is in a different package
- Started generating JSON constants to get the original descriptor data for services
0.4.0 - 2015-07-16
Getters for message fields changed
This release changes how getters work for message fields, to detect a common mistake.
Previously, the protobuf API didn't report any error for an incorrect usage of setters. For example, if field “foo” is a message field of type Foo, this code would silently have no effect:
var msg = new SomeMessage(); msg.foo.bar = 123; This is because “msg.foo” would call “new Foo()” and return it without saving it.
The example can be fixed like this:
var msg = new SomeMessage(); msg.foo = new Foo(); msg.foo.bar = 123; Or equivalently:
var msg = new SomeMessage() ..foo = (new Foo()..bar = 123); Starting in 0.4.0, the default value of “msg.foo” is an immutable instance of Foo. You can read the default value of a field the same as before, but writes will throw UnsupportedError.
0.3.11 - 2015-07-08
- Fixes issues with reserved names
0.3.10 - 2015-07-06
- Adds support for generating stubs from service definitions.
0.3.9 - 2015-06-24
- Modify dart_options support so that it supports alternate mixins.
- Move the experimental map implementation to PbMapMixin
For now, new mixins can only be added using a patch:
- add the new class to the protobuf library
- add the class to the list in mixin.dart.
0.3.8 - 2015-06-16
Added option for experimental map API
- Changed the Map API so that operator  and operator = support dotted keys such as “foo.bar”.
This new API is subject to change without notice, but if you want to try it out anyway, see the unit test.
0.3.7 - Unreleased
Added option for experimental map API
- Added an option to have GeneratedMessage subclasses implement Map.
0.3.6 - 2016-04-22
Added writeToJsonMap and mergeFromJsonMap to reservedNames
The 0.3.6 version of the dart-protobuf library added two new functions, so this release changes the protobuf compiler to avoid using them.
0.3.5 - 2015-03-31
Protobuf changes for smaller dart2js code, Int64 fixes
This change is paired with https://chromiumcodereview.appspot.com/814213003
Reduces code size for one app by 0.9%
- Allow constants for the default value to avoid many trivial closures.
- Generate and use static M.create() and M.createRepeated() methods on message classes M to ensure there is a shared copy of these closures rather than one copy per use.
0.3.4 - 2015-03-31
Parameterize uri resolution and parsing of options, use package:path.
This helps make the compiler more configurable to embed it in other systems (like pub transformers)
0.3.3 - 2015-03-31
Update the version number