- Remove runtime
as check of enum
valueOf by using correctly typed
Map of values. Generated files must require package:protobuf version 0.10.3 or newer.
- Add link to source file in generated code.
- Prefix generated Dart proto imports by proto file path instead of by package. Tighten up member name checks for generated enum classes.
- Breaking change: Support for any messages. Generated files require package:protobuf version 0.10.1 or newer.
BuilderInfo.messageName will now be the fully qualified name for generated messages.
- Breaking change: Add
copyWith() to message classes and update
getDefault() to use
freeze(). Requires package:protobuf version 0.10.0 or newer.
- Generated code now imports ‘package:protobuf/protobuf.dart’ prefixed. This avoids name clashes between user defined message names and the protobuf library.
- Adjust dependencies to actually be compatible with Dart 2.0 stable.
- Dart SDK upper constraint raised to declare compatibility with Dart 2.0 stable.
- Breaking change: Generated RpcClient stubs use the generic invoke method. Requires package:protobuf version 0.8.0 or newer.
- Dart 2 fixes.
- Small performance tweak for DDC.
- Add fast getters for common types.
- Only pass index instead of tag and index in generated code.
- Fix uses-dynamic-as-bottom error in generated gRPC code.
- Added enumValues to FieldInfo.
- Avoid name clashes between import prefix and field names.
- Avoid name clashes between generated enum and extension class names.
- Updated gRPC client stub generation to match latest changes to dart-lang/grpc-dart.
- Updated gRPC client stub generation to produce code matching latest changes to dart-lang/grpc-dart.
- Use real generic syntax instead of comment-based.
- Support 2.0.0 dev SDKs.
- Added call options to gRPC client stubs.
- Added gRPC stub generation.
- Updated descriptor.proto from google/protobuf v3.3.0.
- Enable executable for
pub global usage. Protoc plugin can now be installed by running
pub global activate protoc_plugin.
- Ensure generated extension class names don't conflict with message class names.
Function will soon be a reserved keyword, so don't generate classes with that name.
- Strong mode tweaks and lint fixes.
0.7.0 - Not released
- Change how to customize the Dart name of a field to using a
- Implemented support for adding external mixins to generate Dart protos.
0.6.0+1 - Not released
- Fix missing import when an extension uses an enum in the same .proto file.
0.6.0 - Not released
- Move protobuf enums to a separate .pbenum.dart file.
- Move server-side stubs to .pbserver.dart.
0.5.2 - Not released
- Generate separate .pbjson.dart files for constants.
Strong mode and Bazel
- Fixed all analyzer diagnostics in strong mode.
- Added experimental support for Bazel.
This release requires 0.5.0 of the protobuf library.
- significantly improved performance for getters, setters, and hazzers
- Each enum type now has a $json constant that contains its metadata.
Fixed imports, $checkItem, $json
- Fixed all warnings, including in generated code.
- Started generating $checkItem function for verifying the values of repeated fields
- Fixed service stubs to work when a message is in a different package
- Started generating JSON constants to get the original descriptor data for services
Getters for message fields changed
This release changes how getters work for message fields, to detect a common mistake.
Previously, the protobuf API didn't report any error for an incorrect usage of setters. For example, if field “foo” is a message field of type Foo, this code would silently have no effect:
var msg = new SomeMessage(); msg.foo.bar = 123; This is because “msg.foo” would call “new Foo()” and return it without saving it.
The example can be fixed like this:
var msg = new SomeMessage(); msg.foo = new Foo(); msg.foo.bar = 123; Or equivalently:
var msg = new SomeMessage() ..foo = (new Foo()..bar = 123); Starting in 0.4.0, the default value of “msg.foo” is an immutable instance of Foo. You can read the default value of a field the same as before, but writes will throw UnsupportedError.
- Fixes issues with reserved names
- Adds support for generating stubs from service definitions.
- Modify dart_options support so that it supports alternate mixins.
- Move the experimental map implementation to PbMapMixin
For now, new mixins can only be added using a patch:
- add the new class to the protobuf library
- add the class to the list in mixin.dart.
Added option for experimental map API
- Changed the Map API so that operator  and operator = support dotted keys such as “foo.bar”.
This new API is subject to change without notice, but if you want to try it out anyway, see the unit test.
0.3.7 - Unreleased
Added option for experimental map API
- Added an option to have GeneratedMessage subclasses implement Map.
Added writeToJsonMap and mergeFromJsonMap to reservedNames
The 0.3.6 version of the dart-protobuf library added two new functions, so this release changes the protobuf compiler to avoid using them.
Protobuf changes for smaller dart2js code, Int64 fixes
This change is paired with https://chromiumcodereview.appspot.com/814213003
Reduces code size for one app by 0.9%
- Allow constants for the default value to avoid many trivial closures.
- Generate and use static M.create() and M.createRepeated() methods on message classes M to ensure there is a shared copy of these closures rather than one copy per use.
Parameterize uri resolution and parsing of options, use package:path.
This helps make the compiler more configurable to embed it in other systems (like pub transformers)
Update the version number